Student, Faculty, Staff
Electronic Software Delivery
Unlock 3D Design Potential with Creo 2.0
Creo, PTC’s new family of design software, delivers breakthrough technologies that address unsolved 2D and 3D problems. Creo enables students to prepare for careers in 3D CAD design with the same award-winning ease-of-use, performance and functionality found in the standard Creo, used in 25,000 world-leading product development companies.
What does Creo mean for students?
Easy to Learn, Easy to Use:
Creo combines easy-to-use modules such as 2D drafting and 3D direct with powerful 3D parametric capabilities so you can bring your most creative ideas to life – fast.
Develop Real-World Professional Design Skills:
The Academic Edition features the same advanced Creo technology used by hundreds of thousands of professionals worldwide. That means the skills you develop now will be immediately transferable to the professional world.
Jumpstart Your Career:
Learning Creo prepares you for careers in the world’s most successful companies. With 600,000+ seats of active software, Creo users are five times more likely to be hired by businesses with exciting opportunities for young engineers beginning their careers.
Note: Purchase of Creo 2.0 Academic Edition requires valid academic identification.
- Creo Parametric
- Creo Parametric Foundation
- Creo Advanced Rendering
- Creo Legacy Migration
- Creo Language Chinese
- Creo Flexible Modeling
- Creo CAM Lite
- Creo Behavioral Modeling
- Creo Mechanism Dynamics
- Creo Advanced Assembly
- Creo Expert Framework
- Creo ECAD-MCAD Collaboration
- Creo Complete Machining
- Creo NC Sheetmetal Option
- Creo Computer-aided Verification Option
- Creo Plastic Advisor
- Creo Expert Moldbase
- Creo Progressive Die
- Creo Complete Mold Design
- Tolerance Analysis
- Creo Spark Analysis
- Creo Interactive Surface Design
- Creo Piping & Cabling Extension
- Creo Manikin
- Creo Manikin Analysis
- Creo Simulation
- Creo Advanced Simulation
- Creo Direct
Creo 2.0 Educational, Academic and Student Editions are only supported on certified 32-bit and 64-bit and Windows platforms.
Windows XP (Base OS Service Pack 1, 2, and 3)
- Windows XP Home Edition
- Windows XP Professional Edition
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (Base OS Service Pack 2)
Windows 7 (Base OS)
- Windows 7 Professional Edition
- Windows 7 Professional x64 Edition
- Windows 7 Ultimate Edition
- Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Edition
- Windows 7 Enterprise Edition
- Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Edition
The following specifications are the minimum requirements to successfully run this edition.
Main Memory –
- Windows 7 64-bit : 3 GB+ (4GB optimal)
- Windows 7 32-bit : 3 GB1
- Windows XP x64 (64-bit): 3 GB+ (4GB optimal)
- Windows XP (32-bit) : 3 GB1
Internal Browser Support –
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 (with M010 release and later)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 (SP1 or later)
- Mozilla based browser (embedded with Creo 2.0)
Graphics Cards - Cards must support OpenGL2.
- Network - Microsoft TCP/IP, Ethernet network adapter
- Monitor - 1024 X 1024 or higher resolution with 24-bit or higher color
- File Systems – NTFS
- Mouse - Microsoft approved 3-button mouse
- Distribution Media - Downloadable installation executable or DVD
We support Windows 8.
- Windows 8 Professional 32 and 64-bit Edition
- Windows 8 Ultimate 32 and 64-Edition
Windows 8 Enterprise 32 and 64-Edition
Windows 8 64-bit (4GB or higher)
- Windows 8 32-bit (3GB)
1 32-bit operating systems can physically allocate only 3GB of RAM. RAM greater than 3GB (if installed) will remain un-utilized.
2 Understanding the user demographic for all edition, it is required that the edition be able to run without OpenGL. This is primarily due to the fact that users might be using this edition on home desktop machines and the available graphics cards may not support OpenGL. In order to address this issue in the event that users graphics card does not support OpenGL, PTC will include Software OpenGL technology into the installation.
- This will be controlled by a new config.pro option called use_software_opengl=yes. When activated, Creo 2.0 will utilize the software OpenGL and ignore the standard graphics config.pro option.